Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Eastlink Advertising

The people at Eastlink are out of control.

I advertise my restaurant on their television station, which has worked out pretty well. We get a lot of dinner guests who mention that they heard about the restaurant on the television ad, so it is definitely worth the expense.

Anyway, I get billed on a bi-weekly basis (as in once every two weeks). The funny thing is that usually I get two copies of the bill, for the exact same amount, but the format of the two different pages is slightly different. I didn't really think that this was very odd, until I checked the mail yesterday. This time round, I got a total of SEVEN letters from them, for the last two-week period. There were the normal two copies, then a third one in a different format that I've never seen before, then two more telling me to ignore the first two because the tax was calculated incorrectly, then two more saying the exact same thing again.

Luckily, being a tree planter, I can appreciate this absolutely ridiculous waste of paper. I think of it as job security.

5 comments:

  1. http://glenford.blogspot.com/2006/12/killing-re-forestration-biz.html

    I posted a response...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death to EastLink, I still loathe and despise that company, what a shithole of a place to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to report that this week, I only got four copies of my bill from Eastlink, so they are gradually toning down. Of course, all four were dated the same day, and all four were for different amounts, which was slightly confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sneddy,
    It's been my experience that practically *all* jobs in any way relayed to "IT" basically suck.

    - brusilov50

    ReplyDelete